At the National Executive meeting in Bristol on 7th December 2017, we discussed your feedback (over 65% of Conference delegates completed a survey) and decided to take the following action:
1. To cease using Stoke Rochford Hall as a Conference venue - the venue did not provide, in 2017 a satisfactory standard of conference facilities, that met our needs. We can't see the situation improving for 2018. We have decided to share anonymous comments with the venue so they can understand why, after many years, we won't be returning in 2018.
2. To source a new, Central (pin in Map!) UK and Ireland venue, easily accessible via air, car, rail and bus. It should have a superior standard of Audio Visual equipment in a suitable conference building, preferable in a contained (accomodation and conference), rural and attractive location.
3. We will hold a special session, for new delegates at the 2018 conference.
4. We will attempt to not increase pricing.
5. We will open the Conference to suitable vendors who wish to hire an area.
6. There will be a User Group desk for conference queries, open at key times.
We expect to announce a new, confirmed venue and dates very soon!